tonishelbourne.com ("we") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act
), the data controller is Toni Shelbourne of 2a Glynswood, Chinnor, Oxfordshire, OX39 4JB.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.tonishelbourne.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Toni Shelbourne, and] when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- W emay also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note
that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
GDPR March 2018
Client personal information.
- Client contact details (name(s), email, telephone numbers, addresses, animal’s details) will be gathered mainly via email or phone. Please note Facebook and Facebook messenger is not secure so no personal information should be passed to me via this medium. If you choose to do so, it will be at your own risk.
- No personal details will be passed on to a third party, unless with your personal permission. This will only ever be to a Veterinary Surgeon, or other professional animal care practitioner.
- All personal details kept by me will be stored securely.
- Your personal contact details will be deleted a maximum of one year after you finish working with me. I will only contact you to ask for updates about your pet and how you are getting on with the training.
- Your animal’s action plan’s will be held for a maximum of two years but holds no personal information on you other than your surname. This is solely so if you contact me again about your pet’s needs I have the information at hand.
- Paperwork at the time of deletion will be shredded or burnt, info on computer and email will be deleted.
- Photos of your pet will be taken only with your permission but copy right belongs to Toni Shelbourne as photographer. Permission by you means you are consenting to your pet’s photo being used by the photographer on websites, books, articles, social media and presentations.
- You will never be contacted by me directly by email, telephone or post advertising services or workshops.
- If you wish to find out about events you can join my Facebook pages Toni Shelbourne Animal Behaviourist & Author or on Twitter @tonishelbourne
- If you choose to join these pages, you may, from time to time, be invited to events. You have the right to unfollow me or my pages at any time if you do not wish to be informed of upcoming events etc.
- You can ask to see, amend, have your info restricted or have your personal information deleted at any time. Email me at [email protected] to opt out of having your personal data stored.
- Hand written notes, when completed are stored in a locked cabinet
- Personal information on PCs are protected by anti-virus and fire walls
- If any breach of security occurs, the relevant authorities will be contacted within the statuary time frame